Too Amazing To Describe
Nusa Penida Island is something to be experienced
If you’re after something a little more adventurous, Nusa Penida will reward you in spades!
Nusa Penida is part of Nusa Islands, it is the biggest of the 3. The island is absolutely beautiful and still new to tourists, it’s such a stark contrast to a lot of what you will experience on the mainland of Bali.
Nusa Penida can only be reached by fast boat. It takes one hour to get to the island. Fast boat departs from Sanur Beach.
There are two main ways to explore this amazing land, motorbike or hiring a car with a driver.
Nusa Penida is a lot more rugged and less developed (that’s great!) and has a lot more cliff edges and steep stairways. It’s all part of the adventure!
The roads are a bit bumpy, which no one can control – be prepared for a little Rock & Roll. But you’ll have stunning views of the island.
The local people – friendliness and kindness are part of their culture, which makes for a hospitable environment for tourists and expats. Moreover, the local Nusa Penida residents have an innate laid-back and relaxed islander nature to them.
Make sure you don’t miss any of the most important landmarks in West Nusa Penida like Crystal Bay, Angel Billabong, Broken Beach, and Kelingking Beach or in East Nusa Penida like Thousand Island, Nusa Penida Tree House, Atuh Beach, Cave Temple, Teletubbies Hill, and Peguyangan Waterfall.
Crystal Bay – is popular for its crystal clear blue water. It’s a the best beach on the island to chill out. You’ll find bean bags, lounge chairs and some stalls selling local dishes, snacks and cold drinks while you relax in the white sand.
Kelingking Beach – Absolutely stunning and probably one of the most famous views of the Island. From the top you get an incredible view of this land that’s totally Insta-worthy. If you’re brave enough, you can take a hike down from the top to the beach. It will take 2 hours to get down. It’s very steep so be careful where you tread!
* this part is only recommended to fit people and those with proper shoes as it’s very tricky hiking with parts that involve almost vertical climbing up and down.
Angel Billabong – is a crystal clear natural pool. You can snorkel here or just spend some time marveling at the waters where manta rays swim
*Be cautious as when the tide is high, waves crash over the edge
Broken Beach – a cliff lookout over a hole in the rock. It’s stunning to see the erosion of the rock to create this archway that influenced the name Broken Beach because this cove is not fully enclosed.
Thousand Island – here you can get some shots of the gorgeous coastline! It’s down some stairs to get to the viewpoint, but nothing too crazy. Spend a moment appreciating exactly where you are!
Tree House – a famous place on Instagram. You can stay the night here and wake up to see incredible views.
Atuh Beach – to get to this beach you will need to descend down a long flight of stairs. You are in the tropics when you are here and see the bluest water with so many different hues. There are some bars where you can rent lounge chairs and sunshades. It is amazing!
Peguyangan Waterfalls – you can only reach the location by walking down some stairs attached to a cliff. But once you get there the spot is mind blowing!
However every corner is an Instagrammer’s dream. You’ll never run out of things to do and see in Nusa Penida. You can’t ask for more, just incredible and full of good vibes!
- Best time to visit Nusa Penida is during the dry season, but it’s possible to visit all year around. I recommend to avoid weekend traveling in the island if you want to visit the island in peace.
- Bring enough cash as most things in Nusa Penida are paid in cash. And less ATM machines here.
- If you’re planning to stay a few nights, there are some great hotels and hostels. So you can explore and get what you need to see in this island.
- One day is not enough to explore around the island. So you should be able to choose between west or east areas if you only have a day to go
- Keep in your mind : Make sure your phone and camera fully charged before you’re heading there! So you won’t be regrets as you will have the memories stay with you
Pack your bags and get ready for an adventure! An unforgettable peaceful yet adventurous experience awaits you in Nusa Penida